Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Mixer



I have a memory of a mixer growing up. The beaters, the stainless steel bowl. I'm not sure when my mother converted to the Kitchenetics machine ... it was not only a mixer, great for cookies and bread making, but it also had a blender and grating attachment. When I got married and set up my own household, I bought one for myself. That was 20 years ago! It's made a lot of cookies, rolls and bread over the years! The blender portion did give out a while back, but we had a backup blender, and hubby bought a high power Blendtec several years ago, so we are covered. 

While making some dough a few days ago ... crack! The center spindle was BROKEN (luckily my pizza dough was done kneading so I could continue on making dinner). I hopped online and checked to see if by chance, a could order a replacement part ... I was in luck! While there have been a lot of changes to the Kitchenetics over the years, I was able to locate what I needed. I ordered it and a couple of days it arrived. I still wasn't SURE it was going to work, so of course I had to try it out (I made snickerdoodles, yum!)

Now I'm sure Grayson would have been fine with me asking for a completely new mixer. I'm sure there are some nice ones out there ... but I'm a tried and true kind of gal. If it still works (or can be made to work, my replacement part was $25 with shipping) I'm quite content to stick with it. Gray is pretty much the opposite (NEW??? It must be better, I want it!) so we balance each other out a bit. If it weren't for him gifting me with new technology, I'd still probably be in the dark ages (I'm sure I'd still have my old video recorder that actually used the big tapes, so big I had to set it on my shoulder) ... once I get used to the new stuff I do usually like it. But for now, I'm quite content with my old mixer, and am happy it's back up and running!

1 comment:

  1. I have that same exact mixer! I used it for years too and then a few years ago some parts or something broke (can't remember) and I switched it for a new Bosch. I still have my kitchenetic too and use it for the cheese grater function. I am pretty sure my new one has that feature too but I am too used to the old one to switch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...