Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Behind on Blogging!

Several years ago I was a scrapbooker. I didn't do it just as a creative outlet, I actively sought publication and ended working in the industry (for Provo Craft, teaching at the local store, and ended up as Creating Keepsakes editor for the "Fun With Photos, Memories & More" direct mail program pictured above). I'd often have "scrapbook brain" where I would envision a page or project in my head.

I think I scrapbooked myself out. Poor Colton doesn't have a page to his name! I started blogging a few years ago, and it is very similar to scrapbooking. I get "blogger's brain" now. I'll have a picture or story in mind, complete with title and journaling. I just need to find the time to sit down at the computer and get it out of my head and onto the web page. I really don't know WHY I'm so behind. I fully admit that as a SAHM with kids in school I have more time than many.

Part of the problem may be that I dislike sitting. Blogging requires sitting. I also have my JenBsJourney blog, which I've admittedly been more prolific at posting and staying up to date than here on the family blog. 

As the year is winding up, I REALLY should try to get in all my 2014 family posts, don't you think? I'm pretty well caught up through spring, and the end of school. I lost my way a bit in summer. I've done some recent posts, but still have quite a backlog for the blog. Some of the blog posts I have on the brain are (probably not a complete list, I'm sure I'll add to it as I remember more and this will be a good place to keep my ideas referenced. Maybe once I complete a post I can come and add the link to the list *Ü*) ...

Hmmmm, can you tell I like alliteration? 

There are pros to being behind ... some topics will cover several months of photos. Sometimes by waiting I can create a fun grouping I wouldn't have if I had been posting promptly. But ... it's also good to stay on top of things too! We really do use the blog as a family history to remember events in the past years. Even the little boys know how to come search the blog.

If you haven't checked the blog in a bit, I did get several posts up in the past few weeks. Not all are in order (that is to say they ARE in chronological order, I have backdated some of the posts, so newer posts may be behind ones you had already seen). FathersDay2014, Flags, Floats and Fireworks, Summer Scouts, Elementary Artwork ... I also did get to Halloween and the Fall Birthdays. 

Ok ... so I've got a list, checking it twice. 
Can I catch up before the new year starts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...