Saturday, February 4, 2012

Junior Jazz Wrap-Up


The official Junior Jazz season is now over. It made for some crazy Saturdays, but it was a lot of fun! I thought Callahan and Keaton looked exactly the same in their pictures last year! Picture day is always  stressful, a big thanks to some friends who helped take the little boys to the photoshoot (as I was off to other games). I wasn't sure the older boys were going to do pictures, (one of Callahan's teams didn't), but I'm glad they did (although Keaton's team didn't show! I had to snap a team picture later in the season). I just get the cheapest package (just the teammate + one wallet ... $10). I do love having the little wallet magnets on our refrigerator.  

Callahan was "0" on both of his Junior Jazz teams. His 7th grade team demolished everyone. His 8th grade team did have some stiff competition but had some great games and came in second. Keaton's team was undefeated in the season, but lost in the championship round. They don't really keep score in the little one's games, but both boys always managed to score at least one basket each game.

Landon reffed this year again. He moved around a bit, starting with the 6th grade team division, then the 4th grade team division. He also reffed at Columbia a couple of times (so he got to ref both Colton and Cooper) and he also reffed one of Keaton's games. With Callahan's age group being older and more competitive, they have "official" (non-kid) refs for those games, but Landon DID ref Callahan once last year, so he has reffed all of his brothers. 

I'm not sure yet what the plans are for Spring ball for the older boys (I haven't found anywhere that offers basketball year round for the younger ones, I'm really going to miss seeing them play). There has been talk of a Junior Jazz tournament for Callahan's teams. Both boys will probably play Spring ball at Gene Fullmer, and maybe in a competitive league too. We'll see ...

For links to ALL the games, check out the Hoop Dreams blog ... but I do have to share one favorite video here (Cooper'sCrew). Now when I make my videos, I rename all the clips 1, 2, 3, etc. and then I go through them, and delete all the ones that don't have anything special in them. Callahan usually goes through his, which saves me a lot of time. I had started looking through Cooper's when I had to leave, but Cooper still wanted to  look at them. I mentioned he could write down the numbers on the clips where kids made baskets, hoping that maybe I wouldn't have to go through them all myself. When I got back I was confused, as he HAD written numbers down ... 40, 10, 40, 10, 40, 40, 10, 10, 10  ... I couldn't figure out why he had written those numbers ... until I watched the clips. Can YOU figure it out? *Ü*  He DID write down numbers ...

This game was the Marc and Cooper show!


I shared a couple videos at the start of the season ... with the full season behind us, here are my favorites from the rest of the year. I still need to look through the remainder of Colton's clips and make an actual "muvee" for him (I'll update here when I do) ... hmmm, must have been something good about game #4 ...

Keaton's 5th Grade ... Game #4
Callahan's 8th Grade  ...Game #4
Callahan's 7th Grade ... Game #4

I don't think we have ONE basketball game this coming Saturday ....
WITHDRAWL ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...