Monday, May 3, 2010

Moab on a Mountain Bike

This weekend Gray left for some mountain biking Moab style. He went with a group (a friend from work set it up) on a guided expedition. Everyone else went down early Thursday, but Grayson had a derby to do that night. He did the derby, then had a late night drive to Moab. The group took off early the next morning.
There was a support van pretty much all of the way, which carried their camping gear, food, etc. After a bit of driving into the canyon, they were on the bikes the rest of the way. Gray said the guides were great, making and cleaning up the food. The weather was a little windy and cool (we had snow back here in Salt Lake over the weekend). Here are a few more pictures he brought back ...



I guess Gray and I didn't really talk about what this trip was exactly. I knew he was going to Moab for mountain biking with friends, but I guess I thought they were staying in a hotel and just going out during the days. Grayson had checked in with me when he pulled into Moab that first night, but by late Friday evening I was expecting a phone call or email telling me how the adventure had been so far. I didn't hear from him. Now, I knew he had filled out emergency contact forms, so I figured if there HAD been a problem I would have been contacted. I did find some of the paperwork with a link to a website about the trip, and from that I figured out that they were actually off-road, without access to phone or internet. So I put my worry on hold until Sunday afternoon, when Gray called and said he was on his way home. He does have some scratches from a fall or two, but other than that, no worse for the wear and he hopes to do this again sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great pictures. Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...