Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homemade Oreos


Whenever Grayson asks me "So what are you making for dessert?" ... I am fairly certain he would like the answer to be "homemade oreos". I picked up this recipe back in my college days (thanks Cindy!) and it has been a family favorite. It's really so quick and easy too. Just take ...
  • One package of devil's food cake mix
  • 3/4 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs

Mix these together ... I usually use a pastry cutter, but you can just use your hands. It's messy but effective (see the photo below). Roll them into balls and cook at 375 for 5-8 minutes. Spread cream cheese frosting (I just use the tubs you can buy at the store. We have found we have a preference for the Betty Crocker Whipped) in between two cookies. Tonight, the cookies were disappearing as fast as I could frost. Yum!



2 comments:

  1. I picked up that recipe at BYU too. Sent lots of homemade oreo care packages to the MTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making these today! Addie thought that picture of Landon was so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...