Wednesday, February 17, 2010

but Mom you said ...

I really try not to make promises ... so I don't break promises .... #3 has been wanting me to make "cookie press" cookies for a while now, and at one point I said "maybe for Valentine's Day" ... I really did say MAYBE ... it wasn't a fact or a promise ... unfortunately I caught a case of the sniffles for the days preceeding Valentine's Day and just didn't feel up to baking. I'm actually still not 100%, but when I came upon #3 dejected and down, I figured making some cookies would cheer him up. They are pretty easy ...

1 1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla and blend well. Add the  flour and  baking powder. Add food coloring as desired and force the dough through a cookie press. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.

We went ahead and made hearts, even though Valentine's Day has passed us by. I've put off making cookies .... because then I EAT cookies ... and for some reason, these cookies are addictive to me! Like the "poop" cookies in a previous post, these are great frozen ... I think maybe I need to go grab one ... or two ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...