Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Week of School


Year round school gets out LATE ... Landon and other traditional schools started their summer almost a month ago, but finally, it was the last week of school for the Blackham Boys. There was the end of year testing, and final grades. There was a final assembly for Honor Roll, all three boys got awards (again). They started with the younger kids ... when they announced Cooper, Callahan and Keaton and all their friends cheered SO loud! It was the biggest cheer of the entire assembly! These are my "Good Grade Guys!"


In addition to going to the school to see the boys receive their awards, we went on another day to see Cooper's 1st grade program. Now Cooper had been a little stressed about the program. He had been talking to me about it for a couple of weeks, not sure that he knew all the words to all the songs. I told him not to worry, that there were a lot of kids singing, plus the pre-recorded voices, and that all the parents would be looking at their own kids ... not at Cooper. But, as the day arrived, and the kids went to perform for the school (the parent assembly was later in the day) Cooper felt sick and called home. His teacher also thought it was just nerves, and we tried to get him to start the program (to see if he'd be ok once he was there) but he still indicated he wasn't feeling well. I brought him home and ... he seemed ok. So I told him I wanted him to try his program. We went back at 3:00 and he did great ...



Cooper wasn't the only one to feel some stress during the final week ... Keaton also had a melt down regarding his class "Ghost Town Days". All the kids had different stations, Keaton and Co. was the "mine" and while I had picked up some butterscotch candy (gold pieces) for him it wasn't going to be enough (he of course tells me this at 9:00 the night before). Luckily I found a couple packages of Hershey's Kisses (silver nuggets). Really ... these last few days are supposed to be FUN!
I'm not sure what they used to make his face messy ...
but it was hard to get off!

Then there was Field Day. Grayson volunteered to be in charge of this a few years back, so I know how much work it is! After a couple of years of running it, and a couple years of helping out, I decided to sit out helping this year, but I did go and take pictures ...


I found Callahan's class first ... but no Callahan. He was in the office nursing a bonked head ... he was ok and came back out to finish the day. Cooper had also fallen and hurt his leg (luckily not his recently broken arm, I told him to be careful and avoid any questionably activity!)

Friday was the last day ... school's out for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...