Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fireworks

We didn't do a lot of fireworks this year (not that we really do ANY year, but still, this year was even less than our normal). But with the new laws, allowing aerial fireworks legally, the neighbors provided more than enough of a show (and there were still plenty of illegal fireworks I think!) For the 4th, I had purchased a few parachutes, tanks and sparklers. With Utah having it's state celebration, the fireworks stands were still around a couple weeks later for the 24th, and I did hit one of the booths and pick up a few more things. Popits, smoke bombs, and more parachutes.

A couple years ago I had found these "Osama Bin Laden" fireworks ... it lets out a screaming noise and then the top blows off. Landon had liked them then, and when world events happened a couple months ago, Landon remembered these fireworks. The booth still had them in stock so I picked up a couple.

Colton didn't love the sparklers, which is actually ok by me. Callahan had received a box of fireworks for his belated birthday, so the boys set those off as well. We still had some parachutes, smoke bombs and snaps, which we took out to Mom's house and set off while visiting cousins. I am ready for all the fireworks to end ... seems like people have been shooting them off every night! I'm ready for a little quiet as I head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...