Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pens, Markers and Scissors, Oh My

Kitchen Chaos Under Control
Silly post ... but this drawer doesn't often look quite this organized. It's one of the top drawers in the kitchen, where pencils, pens, scissors ... and LOTS of other stuff simply gets swept inside. I had gotten a bit frustrated with not being able to find a working pen or pair of scissors ... or not even being able to close (or open) the drawer. So I spent some time going through it all, testing pens, sharpening pencils, sorting everything and placing them back. As is often the case, this drawer lead to another drawer, which lead to some other shelves, boxes and containers. I had the kids testing their markers and pulling out broken crayons. After several hours of sorting and such, we got everything put back away. On the surface, it didn't look like much got done, but when I open this drawer, I feel happier than before. And who knows how long it will last ... so that's why I took a picture and did this blog post *Ü*

2 comments:

  1. Holy Organization, Batman! I'd love to see the same drawer a month from today. And thanks for the link! Lynda says, "Hi."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks fantastic. I need to do this with my whole house!
    (That's a lot of little plastic trays.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...