Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's About Time

Ah ... Daylight Savings ... it seems really early this year. I know that it used to be several weeks later in the year (in April, around Conference time). While I'm never ready to lose an hour, this year I was really not looking forward to it. I was enjoying the gradual light into the bedroom, helping me wake up in the mornings. Now I'll need to get up in the dark. I did NOT mind it getting dark early in the evenings, for it forced friends to go home and brought the kids inside for dinner and homework. Now, they are going to want to stay out playing until 8:00.

There were a couple of times in years past that I actually looked forward to the change. I remember having a young baby who would not sleep through the night ... with the time change, now the baby slept until 6:00, rather than 5:00 If you can't change the baby, change the clock! *Ü*

I don't know about you, but it always seems like there are a few clocks that just do NOT get changed...at least they are "correct" half of the time. I do love that so many of the electronics today update automatically though. And for those clocks we do have to change manually, the "spring forward" is usually easier, as the "fall back" often requires me to cycle through all the numbers rather than just going backwards. The little boys were very impressed with the change of the analog clock, watching the hands actually move as they were adjusted.

I hadn't gotten around to changing the clock in the little boy's room. I sent them to bed Sunday night and I saw Cooper glance at the clock (he has been quite obsessed with time of late, always verifying what time it is, pointing out the slight differences between the various clocks ... he'll look at the clock and say "7:40, it doesn't SEEM like 7:40", I'll ask him what time it does seem like and he responds "oh, 7:52 I think") ... I knew he was going to point out that it wasn't even 8:00 yet ... I quickly pulled the clock down, and moved the hands to almost 9:00 ... bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...