Friday, January 28, 2011

Fat Lip and Fever

Poor Colton, he's had a rough few days! Last Friday he was playing on the kitchen stools when he fell face first into the floor. I think his bottom teeth pierced his top lip, there was a lot of blood. We were able to stop the bleeding, but his lip immediately swelled up, a fatter fat lip I have never seen! He cried for a half hour, with me holding him and trying to comfort him, and then he finally fell into an exhausted sleep (and slept all night long). The next morning, his lip was still quite swollen, it didn't go down until late Saturday. The damage was still quite visible as the cut had clotted and formed a large black scab. Sunday morning Colton woke with a cough and fever, so I told him I would keep him home from church. On ibuprofen however, he perked up and seemed completely fine (by this time Dad and the boys had already left). He wouldn't have made it through church though, he fell asleep and woke up with hallucinations of being "high" in the air, crying for me not to throw him up so high. I got him calmed down, and once again on medication, he seemed fine. He had a rough night, again feeling "high" and during the day Monday he had a couple really rough times when his fever would hit full force and he seemed to have trouble breathing. I ran him to the doctor where they tested him for strep and influenza A ... he tested positive to BOTH. So, antibiotics and TamiFlu ... luckily for me Colton is a wonderful little boy and willingly takes his medication. And lucky for him, he seems to be recovering in record time. Even the scab on his lip has fallen off and he looks 100% better. Thank heavens for healing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- poor kid!! Do you think the hallucinations were brought on the Ibuprofin? Mom mentioned that Derek had that problem when she gave him Ibuprofin as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. When it rains, it pours. What a good kid to take his medicine. I hope he feels perfect again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...