Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dental Days

In November, I took the three youngest in for a checkup and cleaning and they all did GREAT... but, Cooper and Keaton did need to come back for a little work, which I scheduled for their next off-track time (this past week). Now when Keaton first had work done several years ago, he was NOT cooperative. We had to opt for oral sedation, which had some extreme negative side-effects afterward (he was screaming at me, throwing things, very unusual for my little boy). He has since had some work done with just the usual helps (a little laughing gas and a numbing shot) so I was fairly sure he'd do ok. I was really worried about Cooper though (he's had so many fear issues in the past) ... but he surprised me and was an absolute angel. I'm SO relieved to have this behind us, and while we have a good dentist, I hope we don't need to see him again for work any time soon! Keaton had a tooth extracted and he placed it under his pillow that night with the usual expectations. The next morning, he called for me, lifted up his pillow and the tooth was still there ... nothing else ... his words? "Well this just sucks!" I cannot express the frustrations with our flaky fairy! Now, our boys ARE constantly changing their sleeping locations, so it can be a little difficult for the tooth fairy to always get it right, when she's never sure where the kids will be sleeping. Almost always after the initial disappointment, when MOM looks around, she finds a little tooth money under a different pillow. Such was the case ... Keaton got his cash ... what will he spend it on? That is a topic for another post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...