Sunday, January 16, 2011

Me and Matt D

For Landon's geography class, he had to do a report on South Africa. There was a written portion, and then an oral report, which needed to be given in a creative way (not simply reading it in front of the class). As Landon worked to prepare the written portion, I read over the information and it reminded me of several things from the movie "Invictus" which was based on true events in South Africa in the past years. My idea for Landon, was to create a puppet "Matt Damon" and then "interview" him for the class presentation. We wrote up a little question and answer session. At first I could tell Landon thought it was a pretty stupid idea, but then I could see it growing on him, until I think he was actually a little excited to give his report. I even found a plastic noisemaker trumpet (a vuvuzela) ... which South Africa had introduced while hosting the Fifa World Cup in 2010. Between the puppet and blasts from the vuvuzela ... Landon's report was a hit! Thanks Matt D ... and Invictus is a pretty good movie too!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...