Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Circles


This is my waffle iron ... and I love it. I guess it just makes me feel like a chef. With this waffle iron, we've started a Belgian Blackham tradition of waffles pretty much every Sunday. We call them "Sunday Circles". I'm actually on my THIRD waffle iron in about as many years. The first time the waffle iron broke, it was my own fault. It was stored on the bottom shelf of the pantry and I dropped a heavy pan on it, breaking the handle. So we bought a replacement, and after a year of use (right after the warranty expired of course) a fuse blew and it would not heat up anymore. Gray and Landon tried a fix but we ended up throwing it out. I ordered a smaller Belgian waffle iron and tried it a few times ... but it just wasn't the same. For Christmas, my mother-in-law gifted me with a new "old" favorite and the Blackham Belgians are back in business.

This is my waffle mix ... I know, we should be making them from scratch. But we tried that, and several mixes, and THIS was the winner. It's not cheap, it's not that good for you nutritionally, but it tastes SO yummy! A hint of almond ... super easy ... just add cold water. The boys always try to call "first waffle" and they often end up fighting over it. I always need to "check" each waffle as I serve them to the boys (just ONE bite ... I want to make sure they taste good). Sunday Circles ... with the 11:00 or 1:00 start time, we have our big breakfast before church. When we're on the early schedule, we have a quick and easy breakfast and wait for waffles until after church (I've found I actually prefer this). Sunday Circles ... they are different than Saturday Circles, which will be another post at a later date ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...