Friday, March 18, 2011

SICK!

We didn't get flu shots this year ... maybe we should have! Colton tested positive for the flu (and strep) back in January and then just a couple weeks later, he got an ear infection ... he actually seemed much worse with the ear infection! Poor kid. I was grateful that with all the germs, no one else in the family seemed to be coming down with anything ...

Then Callahan started coughing and not feeling great ... he still went to basketball practice on Tuesday (it takes a LOT for Callahan to miss anything basketball!). Wednesday morning though, he was SICK ... I let him stay home from school, and he didn't move from the couch ALL day. He didn't seem that sick really ... he just slept the entire day. I was going to let him go to his basketball game that night, he got up and got dressed ... broke out into a sweat and went completely white. He didn't make it to his game (and the team ended up losing that night, which ended the season, so sad!) Poor Callahan was DOWN for days (a solid week, missed four days of school). The picture above was on Sunday, Dad thought he was ok to go to church ... but just getting dressed wore the kid out! He slept through all the meetings. One of the hardest parts of the sickness, was that nothing tasted good. I don't think the kid ate much of anything for that entire week (and I was quite the short order cook, ready to give him ANYTHING that appealed to him). Keaton also wasn't feeling well and missed three days of school. Hopefully we're all going to stay healthy for a while now!

In the sick spirit, my sister-in-law shared this YouTube video on her blog. I thought it was funny (and my boys gathered around me laughing as we watched it together seemed to agree). So I thought I'd post it here too ...

BLESS YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that your kids have been so sick -- that is the pits!!

    The video is hilarious!! All of the kids gathered around and we all had a great laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...