Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lemon Jello Cake

I don't make many cakes. If you look through our birthday posts, you'll see the chocolate, buttercream and oreo icecream cakes making appearances, and I've purchased all of those. I do make ONE cake, that is our family favorite Lemon Jello Cake, and it is moist and yummy! My mom made this while I was growing up, and it's a Blackham favorite now. It's still not from scratch either, you need a box of lemon gelatin and a lemon cake mix (don't pay attention to what the mix actually calls for, go with what is listed below) ...

1 3oz box Lemon Jello
1 1/4 cup hot water
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 Lemon Cake Mix
2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Dissolve the Jello in the hot water and set aside. Mix the cake mix, oil and eggs. Add the water/jello mixture. Pour into a  bundt pan (grease and flour it liberally. You can also use a regular 9x13). Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Let the cake cool slightly then remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a glaze. Poke holes all over the cake, then pour the glaze over.

Note: If using a 9x13 pan, leave the cake in the pan. Use the glaze sparingly.

This is a very CRUMMY cake, I guess most cakes are. I always have to clean up crumbs from messy eaters. If you allow it to cool (my family usually doesn't want to wait that long) it will cut a little smoother than when it is warm. It is very good left over, although that usually doesn't happen at our house either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...