Sunday, May 19, 2013

The EVIL Elm


I love my lilac bush, and my little sideyard flowerbed. I can see it as I look out the kitchen window. I do NOT love the HUGE Chinese Elm tree that you can see there in the background. The tree itself is in the neighbor's yard. The seeds however, do not stay in the neighbor's yard. 

 They gather all over ...

 Pile up in the flower bed ...

They are all over the grass ...
Sometimes it looks like it is snowing.
They end up in the house too. Yuck!

In fact ... one of those little seeds turned into a tree. I didn't notice it for a long time, as it blended in with the lilac bush. It wasn't until it grew taller than the lilac, and was poking up a foot or so over it that I even noticed (you can see it in the top picture if you look). Landon did go ahead and chop down that tree for me (it wasn't the first time he's chopped down a tree for me, I posted about the old peach tree here). Heaven knows I don't want another evil elm tree spreading it's seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...