Monday, April 18, 2011

The Mystery of the Missing Jersey

It was one of my thrift store finds ... a little Jazz jersey ... an immediate new favorite for Colton. I picked it up on Tuesday. Colton wore it on Wednesday ... and on Thursday (check out the video clip a couple posts down). He dripped popsicle juice all down the front on Friday. I told him it HAD to be washed and put it in his dirty clothes basket. I did his wash ... and the dryer broke. Grayson ended up taking the load to the laundromat to get it dry. When it was back and I started to sort the clothes to put them away, Colton bounded in, so anxious for his little Jazz jersey. We couldn't find it. I checked the washer ... I checked the dryer ... I checked Daddy's truck, the next morning, on the way to basketball games, I even checked the lost and found at the laundromat ... nothing ... it was gone. I was perplexed as to where it could have disappeared to. I was sad, that the ONE item my little guy adored was the ONE item that was nowhere to be found. 80% of the items could go missing and I probably wouldn't even notice they were gone. Sunday morning, as Colton got dressed for church, he came to me saying "I found my Jazz jersey!" I asked him where he found it and he said "Well ... I accidentally HID it". ACCIDENTALLY??? I do have to wonder about how his little mind works! He had taken it from his dirty clothes and stashed it somewhere in his room. Did he think I wouldn't notice when he wore it again and it was still soiled and stained? And then he must have forgotten he hid it, because he was so sad when we couldn't find it in the laundry. Silly little boy! But I can't tell you how frustrating little mysteries like that are, so at least we cracked THIS case! And Colton is happily wearing his Jazz jersey once more (washed and air dried ... the dryer is still broken!)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your dryer. But I am so glad he found it! What a devestating loss that would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Sorry about your dryer though -- it is always frustrating when something breaks that we rely on so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...