Monday, April 4, 2011

Colton's Claw


I love the Toy Story movies ... but one little thing that frustrated me (especially as my kids watched it as they got older) was the scene with the claw game in it. You know the one ... at Pizza Planet ... Sid plays once and easily wins an alien toy. Then he sees Buzz, plays again, and of course wins again (double prizes as Woody hangs on) ... well, MY kids think they are going to win easily too, and they always want to play when they see those claw games around. Keaton especially, was always drawn to them, so much that I actually bought him a toy one for a birthday one year. My favorite restaurant, Red Robin, has one of these claw games there to entertain the kids. A few years ago, I remember handing over some coins to the boys, and my shock when Keaton actually returned with a stuffed toy! He was ecstatic ( even though it was an ugly "wicked witch of the west" doll ... he had WON). Since then, we've always seemed to have a bit of luck with the machines at Red Robin. Maybe they rig them a bit in the kids favor. On Monday, Colton and I went out to lunch at Red Robin, and Colton SO wanted to play the claw game and to win a ball. I put him off until after our meal, and then as we were ready to leave, I let him give it a go. And he did it! An alien ... almost like in the Toy Story movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...