Saturday, July 22, 2023

Anniversary with Floats, Little Libraries, Pizza & Past Pictures

 

 

I've enjoyed going to see the parade floats at the Expo Center in Sandy in previous years ... (2017, 2011, 2010, 2014, 2012). I think I enjoy it more than anyone else, and have even considered going by myself one year, although I never actually made that happen. I was glad when Gray brought it up as it would have slipped by me this year. Turned out to be an anniversary date for us. 

It's free, and air conditioned, and fun to see the floats up close and personal. I'm not a parade gal. Shared a little text with my brother Scott, as WCF was sponsoring (like they were at Gray's golf tourney). We didn't stay that long, just enough to walk around and check them all out. 

We then drove around and checked out some Little Free Libraries ... this is a program that has been set up to share books. I asked Grayson if he'd be okay if we put one in at our house ... I have a little spot for it there in the front flowerbed next to my big birdhouse (that Grayson had built to cover up an ugly pole, pretty much like the one in the picture next to the little library below!). 

There's an app you can use to see if there are little libraries near you!

Then we had some dinner and dessert at Mountain Mikes ...



... and brought home some pizza for the boys.

I created these collages last year, but didn't get around to creating a blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...