Thursday, May 26, 2016

Shakespeare in School

Ah Shakespeare ... I have to admit, he's NOT my favorite author. A few months ago, Cooper's class was putting on a Shakespeare play. All the 5th grade classes at Terra Linda were. There was "The Tempest"  "A Comedy of Errors"  and "The Merry Wives of Windsor" ... Cooper's class did "A Midsummer Night's Dream". 

Yes ... the boys had to wear tights. 

Leggings were acceptable as well, and Shakespeare completely changed up Cooper's winter wardrobe. Cooper fell in love with leggings (sport leggings) and wore them the rest of the winter under his shorts.  Some good came from Shakespeare I guess ...

Parents were invited to come watch the productions. Some of the younger classes were invited to watch too. I did overhear this funny conversation on the car ride to school ...


Cooper: You better not have told your friends to laugh during my Shakespeare play today!
Colton: Naw ... I DID tell them to mock you at the science fair, but then the teacher said if she caught anyone teasing she would pull four cards! So I was like "abort plan, abort plan!"


In included the above conversation in my "Cute Quotes" page, but felt like it belonged here too.  I went and watched, and caught the play on video (much to Cooper's chagrin) ...

Here a a few highlights


Yes ... Cooper's play happened back in February, but I'm only getting to the blog update now? What's my impetus? Well, today was Shakespeare day at Keaton's school. All the 9th graders had to dress up Shakespearean style, and to make a mask. Probably a bit easier for the boys than the girls. It's fun to look around at carpool drop-off and see the kids in costume. I told Keaton to take pictures of him and his friends, but I guess I should just feel luckily he allowed me to take these ...

Keaton had donned the knickers (just some sweats pulled up to the knees) and an oversized white shirt. He didn't look quite costumed up enough, so I said I'd look for a "drape" we'd used for Callahan a couple years ago. Happily it was easy to find and did add a more authentic look.

Just for a little Throwback Thursday ... 
Callahan HIS 9th grade year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...