Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest Progression

So I posted a few months ago that I finally got around to investigating Pinterest ... I had purposely ignored it for quite a while. Once I did get on board, I suffered the common "Pinterest Addiction" that comes as you find so many things you didn't know you were looking for. So how's my Pinterest Passion now? I still come on and check daily, although I don't spend AS much time on it as I did. I have tried several of the things I have pinned, so I am actually putting Pinterest to use. One of the first big changes? I now bake my "hard boiled" eggs ...

... I know boiling eggs isn't all that hard, but I can't tell you how many times I would start, then walk away while waiting for the water to boil, and forget about them until someone yells out "water is boiling over on the stove!" ... now I stick them in the oven for 30 minutes and I know exactly when they will be done and I can cook more at a time very easily. Thanks Pinterest!

There have been several new recipes too ... the White Chicken Enchiladas, Wild Rice Casserole, Cheddar Bay Biscuits, Cheesy Breadsticks, Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats ... these are just a few now standard recipes in the Blackham kitchen.

Outside the kitchen, I am now using the Homemade Laundry Detergent ... Grayson was skeptical, but I haven't noticed any issues. I haven't converted to homemade detergent for the dishwasher yet, but have introduced LEMISHINE to our washes and that alone has made a world of difference! And while my kids prefer the foaming hand soap, I didn't care for the higher price ... who knew you could make your own? And by "make" your own, it's basically just mixing a tiny bit of the regular soap with water and using it in the foaming dispenser. Seriously, just search "homemade foaming hand soap" and you'll find several blog posts about it.

... yes, in addition to all my food boards, I have a fitness board ... still working on changing up my workout routine. I have boards for gardening, school stuff, party ideas, holiday decor ... and it's a great place to keep all those quotes and funny stuff that floats around, all organized and in one place. Except of course when Pinterest has a case of the "hiccups" and you can't access a pin when you want/need to ... 

If you haven't checked Pinterest out, it IS a lot of fun ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...