Friday, July 22, 2011

Floats & Forced Family "Fun"


Cooper's Favorite Float
The dragon sprayed water!

So last year, Cooper and I went to the Parade Preview at the South Towne Expo center. The rest of the family was in Seattle, so it was just the two of us. We really enjoyed it, and I was so excited to share this event with the whole family this year. It wasn't great ... the floats were great, but the Blackham Bunch was a bit off. It's probably my own fault, I'd taken the boys swimming at Kearn's earlier in the day, and after three hours of swimming and sun, they just weren't up for any more forced family fun.


Callahan conceded to take a picture in front of the "U" float.


Keaton and Colton liked the Kung Fu Panda


Mmmm... KFC

So ... the evening didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped. I didn't even attempt a family photo, even though we ran into my brother Chris there (and I took a family photo for them). I really think the parade preview is a great event. I love seeing the floats up close and personal, in air conditioned comfort, and while there are some crowds, it's nothing compared to the parade route. But next year? I think I might just go by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...