Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be My Valentine


Last year I saw this CUTE card idea on a friend's blog ... I thought it was so clever. This year, I saw the idea again and even though I had left it to the last minute, I thought I'd give it a try. I found these funky glasses (with funky fingerprints on the lenses after the first five minutes, and funky glare in the photos, but still ... they are fun ... the boys are fighting over who gets to wear them on the actual holiday). I took pictures of the boys with their arm outstretched (even Landon cooperated! He needed some Valentines for his seminary class). I'm not a big "photoshop" person (I didn't even use photoshop) but I added a border and some text and had them printed up (note to self, do this early and get less expensive mail order rates!). Then we cut a couple slits, insert a sucker, and we're done! The older boys even did the cutting and sucker insertion themselves. Here's a collage of all the cards ... PREsucker ... you have to use your imagination ...


Another note to self ... don't open the bag of suckers too soon... I had a bag of 80 and thought that would be enough ... not so! The kids (and little friends) had helped themselves to the suckers and I had to make another store stop for more. On a side note ... Callahan was eating one on Saturday, he bit into it and ... out came a tooth. On Sunday, he was trying another sucker and ... out came a tooth ... I don't think Callahan should have any more suckers (but I'll keep this in mind next time the dentist says the kids need an extraction and see if we can save ourselves some expense!). OK ... back to VALENTINES ... of course a couple of the kids needed a Valentine box ... here's our quick and easy idea...

Yes ... it's a garbage can (it's new and clean!) So I think we're ready. I'm in charge of the party for Callahan's class tomorrow, but I'm ready for that too ... a gift for Grayson??? Ummmmm ... ok, maybe I'm not quite ready ...

2 comments:

  1. That is Awesome! What great Valentines. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Valentines! Good idea using the garbage can too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...