Friday, December 10, 2010

Making Movies

In 2004, I found some software that helped me take our home videos and photographs and make them into short little movies set to music. We had a link from the computer to the television, so the kids could watch the movies over and over, and they did. Ultimately, there were equipment issues, (the computer crashed) and while the movies weren't lost, they did disappear for a bit, as did my movie making software.

Fast forward five years ... I repurchased my Muvee software (several different new versions available, from basic (less expensive) to advanced (more expensive) ... I bought the mid-priced one) and I started taking more video and making movies again. I've posted several here and I'm sure now that I'm really back in business I'll be posting even more. Callahan LOVES my Muvees of his basketball games ... it is a great way to capture them (I edit out all the misses and just show all the great shots).

I started uploading them to YouTube, as a bit of a backup, and so that they could be easily accessed and shared. As I pulled out the old muvees from years back, the boys gathered around the computer and watched them all, laughing and pointing and it was wonderful to see.

Muvee had a little contest on their site, calling for sports videos. I submitted the one I made of Colton's Summer Soccer and won first prize, which was a $20 Itunes GC and the latest Muvee software. I do get stuck in my ways though, I can see me still using the old software out of habit. As I looked over the muvees from four years ago, I can see the changes in the software that give me more options (captions, focusing on parts of the photos) ... it's just hard for me to try NEW things, even if they are better *Ü* Grayson did get me a new computer last year ... and I've already filled it up. I need more space for all my music, pictures and video!

Being in a Muvee Making Mood, I went ahead and took the video and pictures from Cooper's Fall soccer season. I had put off making the movie, thinking I'd get a little more footage, then I'd forget to charge my camera, then Cooper broke his arm and missed the last game ... so here is the belated Kicking it with Cooper Muvee production (below) ... and a list of ALL the Muvees to date (and there's a link to the page in the column to the right as well). I'll try to keep it updated as I keep making muvees! *Ü*


2 comments:

  1. Well, if you aren't going to use it, pass it over here! lol. The muvee's are always fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is classic! I am so happy you got pictures of the boys 'Kickin it around"! Great videos Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...