Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Blackham Christmas


...well ... I did NOT get Christmas cards out AGAIN ... I may still try to, sort of a New Years thing, we'll see *Ü* With Facebook, I have reconnected with many friends from high school and college, and have connected with their blogs, so I've been able to see their families grow throughout the year, not just in the annual Christmas card. But, I also DID receive a few cards from long lost (non-FB) friends and I was thrilled to see their family photos. So if YOU are one who actually got cards out, I commend you, and just want to let you know I treasure them (even if you don't get one from me in return).

I have to say, I've had a difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit, for many years now. Keaton was the one who got out all the decorations, and we only got about 1/8 of the ornaments hung on the tree. I did get into the holiday baking ... and consequent eating ... I did NOT go overboard on the presents, just ask the kids! I don't really think they were disappointed, but they were also not overly impressed. Colton however was THRILLED with a gift I received ... and Ipod Touch. Even though there were FOUR already in the home (Dad and brothers) the poor little guy didn't get enough "Angry Birds" playing time, but now he will. Basketball stuff, electronic Monopoly, Legos and Toy Story stuff seemed to be the theme of the gifts this year ... that and underwear ... Landon and Callahan were happy with their new underwear and undershirts (and Keaton was sad he didn't get any!).



We always have a PreChristmas party at Pammys. Christmas Eve is spent with the Westra clan. We play "The Candy Bar" game at both activities, but they are different versions. There is always a family slideshow recapping the photos from the year. The pictures are also featured on a calendar, an annual gift to Mom&Dad. We usually dress the kids up in nativity costumes ... but we didn't get around to that this year.



Christmas morning we awaited the kids bursting in ... 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 ... seriously? Sleeping in until 8:00? Unheard of! We finally opened presents at home, then went up to Maga's for a few more gift exchanges. We presented Maga with Apple TV ... Grayson would very much like it for OUR house, but we need to upgrade the television first.

And there it is ... another Christmas season come and gone ... Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, next up ... New Years ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...