Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Shoes

Ok I'll admit it, I'm cheap ... when it comes to buying shoes for the boys, I usually try to find the least expensive ones I can. The kids are SO hard on shoes, they just don't last very long, whether they cost $10 or $100. I've found some "pre-owned" deals at thrift stores ... that's how Cooper got his first pair of Skechers. I'm not sure WHY he loved his Skechers so much, but he did. There came the day, when the poor shoes were done ... huge holes worn right through. Cooper cried when I took them away. I had a couple other pairs of shoes that fit him ... but they weren't Skechers. With school coming up, I took Cooper, a 30% off coupon and a $10 off coupon to Kohls. I was expecting to be told I couldn't use both discounts, but that didn't happen, the store applied them both (to the shoes which were also on sale). So ... for about $20(still more than I usually spend), Cooper's happily back in a brand new pair of Skechers ... I hope they last *Ü*

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we've had problems with shoes too. We've done the Sears kid vantage deal for several years with the boys now and traded their shoes in for new ones usually about three times before buying a new pair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...