Friday, June 4, 2010

Donut Day

Today is National Donut Day ... I didn't make this up, this is actually a real holiday (I even posted a link there if you want to look it up). I felt the need to support this holiday. Our favorite local donut shop is Dunford Donuts. We pass it as we come home from the park or rec center after sports, so we often stop for donuts after games. It has become such a tradition that we've started calling donuts "Saturday Circles" (not to be confused with Sunday Circles, which are Belgian waffles). But National Donut Day is the first FRIDAY in June ... today ... I can still eat donuts on a Friday (or any day really). Simple glazed donuts (or the twisted knots) are probably the traditional favorite, but everyone does have another from an assortment that catches their eye. Grayson likes the white cake donut with sprinkles. I like a chocolate frosted raised donut ... but see that big chocolate circle in the photo above? It's like a chocolate cinnamon roll ... that's actually even better. Landon likes a good maple bar. Callahan prefers a sugar donut. Keaton ... ok, Keaton just sticks with glazed. He likes to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up. Cooper loves the Dunford classic chocolate cake donut. Colton sticks with either white cake or glazed. And even though it is DONUT day ... the boys had to get some of the fudge brownies and I can't pass up their pink sugar cookie. I hope everyone has a great donut day! I know we have enjoyed it here *Ü*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...