Monday, February 8, 2010

Eating His Words

Coconut Goodies:
Melt 1 square margarine in a pan. Add 1/2 cup milk, 2 cups sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Add a dash of salt and bring to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 3 cups of oats (I use half quick, half oldfashioned) and stir. Put on lid for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup coconut and a tsp of vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Mmmm ... They are great frozen!

This recipe has always been a favorite of mine, but Grayson ... he has always mocked them ... he calls them "poop cookies". Well the other day HE made up a recipe for something very similar from one of his "healthy" cookbooks. Granted, in his version it leaves out the butter and sugar, adds peanut butter and protein powder ... but they are basically POOP COOKIES! We've had a little laugh as Grayson has had to "eat his words" quite literally. He even gave MY cookies a try ... and said they tasted better :) ... mine are gone, while his are still awaiting eating ...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe! I saw your link at Lick the Bowl Good, it's exactly what I needed since I don't like this kind of cookie with peanut butter and I was wondering how I would do it without. On a side note, I have four boys, two girls a a little unknown on the way. It's good to see other families with so many boys, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it could help someone! *Ü* While I love PB, having grown up on these without it, I can't really imagine them with a PB taste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...