Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas Cookies and Treats


Mmmmmmm ... tis the season for #jenBbakes! I'm sorry to say, I never got around to making the cute sugar cookie cutouts from previous years. I didn't make gingersnaps either. I DID make the usual cookie press trees and snowflakes. LOVE my different snowflake disks ... no two cookies end up alike, just like real snowflakes. I added red/green M&Ms to the favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and walla ... Christmas cookies! Green frosting and sprinkles to the Swig copycat recipe and again, holiday themed treats. 

NEW this year ... at least in this format, meringue cookies. I've made the "nests" for Easter since I was a teen, and I'd seen little star-shaped "cookies" at stores, so I decided to try them myself. Add a little food coloring and some crushed candy cane... I called them "Peppermint Puffs" and Cooper and I loved them (he doesn't care for them with the candy on top, he prefers plain).  Getting the meringue into the pastry bag was a messy trick, but I love how they look.


I used the mortar and pestle that Gray bought (he uses it for guacamole) and it was perfect for crushing candy canes. I'd tried a couple different crushing methods before figuring this out. Kitten Joy seemed very attracted to the candy cane dust! Who knew peppermint was catnip to her?




As a Christmas Kickoff ... Uncle Clay has done his annual "Leg Lamp Lighting" party for several years now. He makes donuts for it ... lots of donuts. This year, Keaton went over and learned a little, helped a little, and had a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...