Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Fight List Fun

I don't remember who discovered the game first ... but I liked it a lot. Very simple, you are given a topic, and you have a certain amount of time (60 seconds?) to get out as many answers as you can. Head to head competition with someone else. I always said my lack of texting skills hampered my game, and it was partially true ...

Most of the time, just playing was fun. But from time to time, there were funny things happening within the game, and I'd get a quick screen shot.  Since when is inch/foot/yard/mile a metric unit (middle, bottom row)?? And I loved that the only Kate Callahan could even think about was HIS Kate (bottom right). You can add suggestions, that are hopefully reviewed before being added (metric mile!) like my Robin Sparkles (a Canadian singer in How I Met Your Mother).

I remember once I wanted more games, and Callahan had just come in from school or work or basketball and I did a little Sesame Street "Somebody come and play, somebody come and play today" and when that didn't get the desired result I did a little toddler temper tantrum "play with me, play with me, play with me!" Callahan just looked at me with wide eyes, then laughed. Then played with me. 

Landon and the littles played with me too (I can't remember if Keaton ever did). 
Here were some funnies from Landon ...
I played with others too ... you could connect it to your Facebook to see who had the app and was playing. You add peanuts to chili Colton? Sorry Phil, I was trying to see if I could enter words quicker with Siri. Ah, Paul adds love to his guacamole (and I only knew the ingredients because Grayson had started to make it from scratch quite often). 
Similar to the accepted "metric" measurements ... I disagreed with weights and such being cardio (but sometimes you'd had the category before and remembered some of the answers, but seriously, neigher of us put "treadmill"????).  Stoned fruits? Ah ... those with a pit or seed. You could start games with random players, but there were some "pros" out there ... bottom/right screen grab ... 96 answers? HOW do you even type that many, let alone actually know that many? I stuck with friends after that ;) 

When you finished a game, you could click and see the "answers" ...
It wasn't just a straight one-point per correct answer, very common/easy answers were just one point, while more complex or rare were worth a bit more. Of course that was subjective to the game creators. I didn't always agree with the points. I played this game quite a bit for a few months ... and then interest in it petered out. I still sometimes think of things fitting into certain fight-list categories.

There was a second game by the game company that was more like scattergories ... lots of different categories, but the answers all had to start with the same letter. I didn't like that game as much, but played it a bit too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...