Tuesday, August 20, 2019

New Recipe ~ Crack Chicken

I think I'd seen this recipe (many different versions, all very similar) floating around Pinterest and Facebook for a while before giving it a try. And when I say "giving it a try" I mean making it ... not eating it. I won't eat it. But it was a hit with the guys. Landon, Cooper and Gray especially. Grayson was doing Keto for a while and this fits into that (if you don't put it on a bun). That makes it work for the gluten-free people too. I took some to Grandpa Westra and he liked it.

It's super easy. Just put four chicken breasts in the crockpot and add a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and a block of cream cheese, cut into cubes. Let it cook (6+ hours on low, 4+ hours on high) and then shred the chicken. If there is a lot of juice, I'll take it out, saving it in case I want to add a little back in. Add some bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese. I've supplemented a bit with some mayonnaise too, when I had more chicken than "sauce". 

So, super simple and easy! A new family favorite in the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...