Friday, January 1, 2021

#jenBsbooks 2020

 


I think everyone will say that 2020 was an unexpected and odd year. Definitely not normal! When Covid started to shut down everything, I wasn't sure how that would impact my reading. I was already a digital girl, so the libraries closing their doors didn't impact me as much as those who still checked out books physically. On one hand, I had MORE time to read, but on the other hand, I wasn't doing many of the things (driving, games, practices, shopping) that were my multi-tasking/audiobook times. Overall, I think it was a wash, and while I didn't get in quite as many books as last year, I still got a lot.


 
I would create a monthly recap - a picture collage with the covers, and stats (see them below) ... if I read the Kindle copy or listened to the audiobook (if it was KindleUnlimited, I had both options and would often switch between the two, although marking those as "audio" still). Where I got the book ... from the library, from KU, if it was a copy given to me for review. I bought a few (a very few!) With SO many books out there, I haven't been much of a re-reader these last years. I switched that up this year, and started listening to some old favorites I'd read previously. I also decided not to feel bad about not finishing a book if I wasn't enjoying it.


I track these things on different GoodReads shelves, as well as the categorizing the book by type (fantasy, dystopian, historical, etc). I LOVE GoodReads. It helps keep me organized, and I am a numbers nerd. I did a #jenBsbooks2020 post for my personal blog and you can check out the GoodReads recap HERE.

Bring on the books for 2021! But here's a scroll through last year ...













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...