Monday, September 9, 2019

What the Hail?

I remember there being hail a few times while we had the ducks (2015-2019). I always worried that these little pieces of ice might hit one of the ducks in the head and hurt or kill them. One year, we grabbed the bucket of worms and took it under the trampoline to try to get the ducks out of the hail.

In September 2019 ... the ducks just huddled by the back wall. There was plenty of shelter, but the wall actually seemed to provide a bit of protection for them.

Not so much for my plants.

The poor garden. The tomatoes actually came out better than I expected, but anything with big leaves, like the zucchini or pumpkins, was shredded. I liked the zucchini plants as much for their greenery as for the fruit itself. 

There was so much hail, that it piled up and looked like we'd been hit with a September snowstorm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...