Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas Cookies 2018

So many yummy baking options ... especially during the Christmas season! I don't know that I made any of the traditional favorites (cookie press trees and snowflakes, sugar cookie trees, gingersnaps) but I tried a couple new cookies and converted a couple standard ones (add red/green M&Ms and walla, Christmas chocolate chip!).

  • Chocolate Chip: My brother Derek and his wife had set out on a search for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, doing lots of research (making lots of cookies!). They announced that the copycat Levain Chocolate Chip was the winner. Landon had been baking a bit himself, and had tried it out (sans the nuts, since we are not a nutty family ... haha, allergies!) These are still a bit hit and miss with me when I make them, sometimes they turn out great (the picture above was a good batch!) other times not so much. 
  • Swig Copycat: I discovered the Swig Copycat recipe a couple years ago and just like the chocolate chip ... just switch the frosting colors to red/green, add sprinkles, and ... Christmas cookies!
  • Grinch Cookies: I'd seen this idea floating around pinterest and other places on the web and they looked SO cute. It was a little hard finding the candy hearts. These were cinnamon ones, I had to order a big bag off Amazon. Others have used a flatter heart more like a sprinkle, but I hadn't been able to locate any of those. They looked really cute ... taste is just okay. 
  • Chocolate Crinkle: Almost identical to the grinch cookies, I remember seeing these crinkle cookies. With the powdered sugar, it looks a little like snow (thus, Christmasy cookie). Again, taste was just okay. Not sure if I'll make them again, or stick with the favorites. 


My SB/FB friend Vonda made the cutest cookies ... I had to save a picture and I really want to try these smiling snowmen someday. I've never really worked with the royal icing or piping, but these are great, and would even work in Jan/Feb, after the Christmas rush, but still snow season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...