Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daily Doings (Sep2011)

0930 (Friday) Late start, early out, always makes Fridays off-kilter.  Morning didn't start off well, as I asked the boys to do a little cleanup and they said no ... so no French Toast Friday for breakfast either. Just a bad morning. Did get in some cardio and mowed the lawn. Gray had written suggesting a possible RB date, but I had my doubts that he would have the energy when he got home ... I was right, which was ok too. Cooper had a bit of a hard time in the early evening, as a big cloud covered the sun. A little later, I coaxed him outside to look at the moon (he's been intrigued by it after learning about the phases at school) and there were a bunch of boys playing flies up on the front lawn. Cooper got his shoes and and joined in, even though it was overcast and there was even some lightening in the distance.

0929 (Thursday) Today just felt rushed ... not a great day. We needed some groceries, so I went to Walmart while the kids were in school. Got in some cardio, but no sun. The high school carpool, middle school carpool, for Columbia, I picked up Cooper and had Shay pick up the other kids. I had Colton come, dressed and ready for soccer, which we went to straight after Cooper's counseling appointment. We've had a good weather run, but next week will put us all to the test again (thunderstorms predicted).  Cooper wasn't very happy about going to the session, nor about having to go to the soccer game after, but he did fine at both. We grabbed some food at Wendys in between. We parked at Bingham as usual, but a big game was starting and the were actually locking the gates and we couldn't get back to our car after. So that was stressful, but luckily Clay had driven separately and was able to give us a lift back after the game. The game itself wasn't great either, the other team pummeled our kids (both in goals and physically, almost all our kids, including Colton got hurt).  Colton got two (the only) goals for our team. I had arranged for Callahan and Keaton to get a ride to practice, so they were gone by the time I got home. I went over to volleyball (at the South building) and it was fun, but the last time for awhile.

0928 (Wednesday) I had much of the day to myself. Colton had a playdate at Randon's after school, and after picking up the Columbia kids, Colton and Cooper went with Ridley to see his new puppies (I sent Callahan over too so he could walk them home). Keaton left right after school for a scout activity - he didn't get home until 9:30! Landon fell asleep, and then left with Gray for a derby. Callahan went to his scouts in the evening.

0927 (Tuesday) Gray was up early today. Got the kids off to school, got in some cardio and sun and did finances. When Colton got home from kindergarten, he and I went to Macey's for some grocery shopping and deposit at the bank. Carpools in the afternoon. Cooper had scouts after school, which he willingly went to, yea!

0926 (Monday) Back to the weekday routine. Gray thought he would be up uber early, but actually slept in (until 5:00 or so). Stayed pretty busy today, with cardio and weights, then made muffins and ziti, then carpool x3. Also dropped Landon off for a haircut, and took Callahan to basketball.

0925 (Sunday) Made more brownies (finished up the ones from yesterday, adding the frosting and prepping them on a platter) for the baby blessing later today. Made Sunday Circles. At church, Landon blessed the bread for the first time (he was nervous). Cooper had a bit of a hard time, there were some darkish clouds, and he was apprehensive about the trip out to Magas. There were some tears at church, and a major meltdown at home before we left. We got in the car and he calmed down and fell asleep. He was fine (the clouds went away). There was a pretty big crowd, many of the extended family we hadn't seen in a while. Gray gave the blessing.

0924 (Saturday) Cooper had a 9:00 soccer game, but he didn't want to go and I didn't force him ... as Keaton also had a 9:00 game (against Reggie, Micheal playing his actual age group, 5th/6th). Our kids got beat pretty good. Then I rushed home, picking up Colton and heading to Marv Jensen. We were 10 minutes late, but the game hadn't started yet ... which meant it would end late, AND it was picture day (which we didn't know ahead of time). This was a complication as Callahan's game started at 12:00. I had thought ahead enough to have his coach come pick him up, so Callahan made it on time. I actually left Colton with Clay (lucky to have family, even though it was out of their way) and headed to the game, I was late, missing a couple baskets, but getting there just in time to catch Callahan drain a three-pointer (one of many). They won. I left Callahan to hitch a ride home and went straight to the soccer fields for Colton's final game. Grayson was coaching, and doing a great job, so I pulled out the video and got some footage, before taking over at half. Passed out pictures and trophies...it had been a LONG day, I hadn't eaten before I left in the morning. We didn't have much for the rest of the day, so I suggested to Gray would could take advantage of the afternoon and go out. We went to Rodizio. Back at home I made some brownies (to take to Maga's tomorrow) and some homemade oreos for the family. A run to the store for milk ... the day is done.

0923 (Friday) Late start for Callahan, Friday French Toast ... Early out for the Columbia kids. I didn't get any specific sun, but did mow the lawn. Landon wanted to go to the football game at the high school, and could get a ride home, but needed a ride there, so I did take him (with a promise of a journal entry from him). Then Gray and I went to Desert Star to see "Hunk-u-lese" with my folks.

0922 (Thursday) Bit of a down day, just felt emotions on edge. After getting the boys off to school I went to Walmart, for groceries for the family and also to pick up bbq fixings for Grayson's work. He's been hosting work bbqs fairly often. I need to arrange some playdates for Colton, he's quite bored after school. Today there was only two hours, as we were picking up Landon (we haven't had to other days this week, which gives us an extra 40 minutes at home). The Callahan carpool and Columbia carpool. Then... it was a busy evening! Gray and Landon left for a derby, I took Cooper and dropped him at Marc's house. The school carnival was tonight and Colton had a soccer game. Cooper REALLY wanted to go, so I was happy to find friends willing to take him. I also had to arrange for Keaton and Callahan to get picked up for basketball practice. Parking was crazy at the soccer game, nothing in the Marv Jensen lot, people were having to park on the grass. I drove around to Bingham Highschool and parked there. We had to walk at least a quarter mile, but there was parking. Colton started a little slow, but then got into the game and scored three (of the four) goals. As I'm not the coach of this team, I could get video. After the game we went straight to the elementary school to meet up with Cooper and give Colton a little time to play and get some treats (popcorn, cotton candy, snow cone). Cooper had done great with friends (always a worry) and had fun, but as it started to get dark, he was DONE (I was trying to hurry and spend the last of the tickets I had purchased for Colton). Luckily, Colton seemed content with just being there for 30 minutes. C&K got home just moments after we pulled in. Gray and Landon were a little later, and then Gray still had to prep his bbq. It was a long day!

0921 (Wednesday) Sun, cardio and weights today. Callahan had basketball practice at the park. I walked during in, getting in about four miles. Gray and the older boys had scouts, then they all ended up across the street helping Littlewood's unload, as the sale of their house fell through.

0920 (Tuesday) Got in some cardio and sun. Got a call from the district with a counseling appointment for Cooper today, so I arranged for Shay to pick up the other kids. I still went, picked up Cooper and we went straight. He talked to me for the first half hour, the to Cooper. He asked Cooper what he knew about tornadoes, and Cooper broke down completely. Hope we can get some help. Stopped at Wendys on the way home, then I grabbed Colton and went to the soccer game. We got beat for the first time, but still managed to get several goals. Gray and Keaton did a derby.

0919 (Monday) Weekday routine. It's a week of nice weather, which makes it easier on Cooper (and so easier for me too). Got in some sun and exercise. Went to Sam's with Colton in the early afternoon. Ribs for dinner. Callahan had basketball practice.

0918 (Sunday) Slept in ... did Sunday Circles, but they were a little off, so I didn't really eat a whole one, which is ok calorie wise. Nice day out, although Cooper still stressed, but he made it through church, even going to his class. Got in some exercise. Marinated chicken and Gray made yummy mashed potatoes.

0917 (Saturday) Keaton had a basketball game at 8:00 in the morning ... they won easily and Keaton had a good game. Colton had soccer orientation for Clay's team at Marv Jensen at 10:30. At 1:00, both Callahan and Colton had games. I know I SHOULD go to Colton's ... as I'm the coach, but I really wanted to be there for Callahan's game (to see the new kids, get a feel for the season and pass out the treat signup list, and of course to video the game). One of the other kids dad's was willing to coach the soccer game, and Gray took Colton, so I went to the basketball game. They won. I miss our players who left the team though! Keaton had a friend's birthday party at 4:30 at Classic, I had arranged a ride for him there. Callahan had a birthday party at Stockton's house ... Callahan had actually gone home with them after the game, so he was already there, but I did stop by and drop off a present and made a trip into the library. I was on pickup duty for Keaton and Co., Landon and I left a little early, stopping by Smith's Marketplace (grabbed a couple more Nerf guns, a frisbee and some milk). There was a lot of traffic, as a Real soccer game was going on, but we had parking at Classic and found the boys without a problem. Neither Gray nor I had eaten dinner, so I suggested we go out. We went to an Italian place I had a coupon for, and they had tvs there, so we watched a little of the U vs BYU football game (BYU got trounced). I was very tired and fell asleep, which I could do as I had arranged for Callahan to get a ride home from his party (they got out VERY late).

0916 (Friday) Stormy weather ... made for a very rough morning with Cooper. He cried from the moment he woke up until after the carpool left ... yes, I let him stay home. He didn't have his shoes on, lunch packed, no breakfast eaten (he hadn't been willing to come out of his room). For me, I just wasn't sure if they would be talking about yesterday's events at the school, if Cooper, seeing other kids talking about being scared about it, if that would make things worse. It wasn't too bad for most of the morning, I even got the lawn mowed. Then the clouds, then the rain, a little thunder and lightening. After I picked up Callahan, we continued onto the store, as I told him I'd buy him a reward for no cavities (cheaper for me than a return dental visit). We tried Shopko, but not only did they not have the nerf gun he wanted in stock, but prices were almost double that at Amazon and Walmart. We stopped at Smiths Marketplace, which not only had cheaper prices (not quite matching the aforementioned stores) but also a buy one get one half off deal, plus an additional 10% off toys, so I picked up a few for gifts and for the kids to earn.

0915 (Thursday) I've been glancing down at my toes with dissatisfaction lately ... so after the kids got off to school I went in for a pedicure. It must have been the day for it, because they were quite busy (glad I got there when I did). Made it home to welcome Colton from kindergarten, then we went to Smiths for some grocery shopping. I got a call from the district offering a counseling appointment for Cooper today at 4:30, which I could make if I didn't have to bring the other kids home from school. I tried calling Shay to see if she could pick up the kids, but she wasn't home ... and I soon found out why. I got a call from my other neighbor Shari, also at the school, with a hysterical Cooper on the line. It wasn't the weather. It was a plane crash. A small plane had crashed less than a foot from the school building, the school was on lockdown. Cooper wasn't so upset about the crash, as about the fact that he didn't know how I would get to him to pick him up. I did end up going in early for him (I did have to pick up Landon and Callahan) and it was a bit of an ordeal. We had to park on the other side of Bangerter and walk over the bridge, show ID and then school personnel (it was Shay ... she was stuck at the school) would go get the child. I just took Cooper, and Shay said she would get Jacob, Keaton and Cade home (Ridley also checked out).  So Cooper and I headed to his appointment. It was mostly me talking today, getting history/background. Hopefully some future sessions will help Cooper and me more with coping techniques and such. The school carnival had been scheduled for tonight, but it was postponed due to the crash. I dropped K&C at Gene Fullmer for basketball practice (nice and convenient to have them both at the same time!) and had asked Klint if he could give them a ride home, which left me open to go to volleyball. Have I mentioned that I enjoy volleyball? I'm not sure if it's going to work out in the coming weeks ...

0914 (Wednesday) Good day, got in some sun and exercise (cardio and weights) and resisted Tootsie Rolls, which helped keep the calorie count down. Colton was bored after school, even though it's only two hours from when he gets home to when we pick up Landon. Crazy carpool afternoon, after picking up Landon, then Callahan, I took Callahan to the dentist, left him there while I picked up the Columbia kids, then went back for him. Callahan had basketball practice scheduled, but it was canceled, which he was actually ok with, as he had such a busy day and did want some down time. Cooper had a soccer game at 5:00, which I again "encouraged" him to go to, he did NOT want to and had a complete meltdown. But we went, and he scored a goal, although he wasn't into it like on Saturday. This might have been his last game ... he does have a few more, but they conflict with Callahan and Keaton, so it would be hard to get him there (although if he does want to, I'll make it the priority). Keaton's scouts was canceled (although Landon didn't pass along that message until after Keaton had walked to the church). Gray was too tired to go (he had a bad night last night, up at 3:00), so Landon came home early too. Callahan did stay for "The Amazing Race" activity.

0913 (Tuesday) Weather looks clear for the next couple days. Cooper got off fine. I even got in some sun :) I really feel like I need to be getting more done (housework, etc) it just never seems to be enough. Did get out shopping with Colton after kindergarten, barely getting back in time to unload before heading out for Landon, then Callahan, then the Columbia kids. Cooper had scouts. They had come to pick him up last week, but he cried and I didn't force him (I had forgotten about it and hadn't prepped him at all). He was better prepared today. His leader had come yesterday to introduced herself and mentioned a fun activity (smoreos) and I was ready to go with him, but he was ok going. I had Colton's soccer game at 5:30 ... I forgot the bag of balls (and Colton's water) but Shari hadn't left yet and was able to bring it. Callahan had basketball practice at the park, I arranged for a ride there for him (as it was when I was going to soccer) but Colton and I went there straight after to pick him up and then drop him off at the neighborhood park for a church activity. Gray was home pretty late.

0912 (Monday) Very stressful morning ...There had been a storm forecast for the day, so Cooper (and I) had been worrying about it for days in advance. He had a horrible morning, crying and moaning nonstop. I was supposed to have a playdate after kindergarten, but I wasn't sure if I could commit, or if I'd need to be going to the school for Cooper. After all that anxiety, it all turned out ok, no storm, it was actually quite nice. I went to the school for kindergarten pickup and checked on Cooper, then brought Randon and Ambree over to play. Carpools in the afternoon. Callahan had basketball practice in the evening, but I arranged a ride for him.

0911 (Sunday) 10 years since the attack ... I do remember the day. I was driving Landon to school, picking up Rachel next door, when Shari mentioned it to me. I caught a little on the radio and then on the tv once I got home. Gray was busy working, and although he knew what had happened, he hadn't really seen the footage and such until he got home. I remember Keaton took his first steps that day. Today ... Cooper was quite stressed about the weather, again almost working himself into being sick. I wasn't sure what to do, as I had committed to leading the music, and Gray was teaching as well. We ended up just going ... Cooper and I walked even, as my car wouldn't start and we don't all fit into the truck. Cooper calmed down enough to get through Sacrament meeting. He tried to go to his class but had to join me in the primary room halfway through, but was fine for senior primary. We walked home again, and then went to feed the ducks after church. Dark clouds did roll in, so he took a shower and went to bed early.

0910 (Saturday) Rain had originally been forecast for the day, but it turned out quite nice. Cooper was down at a neighbor's garage sale, so he was already outside playing. I decided to push him to go to his soccer game ... basketball starts up again this coming week,  but today, Cooper's game was the only thing I had in the morning. He was pretty upset about it. I told him to get dressed and we'd just go cheer his team on (I didn't know if I'd push him to play), but once we got there, he went in and seemed to have a good time. He was really into the game, and wanted to go back in when he had to take a turn sitting out. He scored two goals! The team scored several (the other team managed to get in one). It was all I could have hoped for, and I'm crossing my fingers that it might be a turning point (but one the way home he starting moaning again how he wasn't sure he wanted to play again ... I don't get it!). Colton had his game at 1:00. Grayson came to watch. The kids won, although it wasn't quite as much of a runaway (8-3 or something like that). Pictures after. We had talked about going to Texas Roadhouse, Gray had wanted to on Wednesday but the boys had dodgeball, which they like. It was looking a bit stormy out, so Cooper didn't want to go, and Keaton said he wasn't hungry, so we left those two home. It was yummy. Gray and I watched a DVD.

0909 (Friday) French Toast Friday ... and late start for Callahan/early out for the Columbia kids. Colton was quite bored after kindergarten today. I left to pick up kids at 1:45 ... and didn't get home until 3:30. Cooper had a birthday party to go to in the evening, but then a thunderstorm rolled in, which of course ended any idea of going out. Landon had wanted to go to the football game (Herriman vrs CopperHills) but didn't have a ride. Gray ended up going to a movie with Joe.

0908 (Thursday) Because the high school does an A/B day schedule, it was another "first" day for Landon. Colton had a playdate after school, so I had most of the day to myself. Callahan forgot his book though, so he said I NEEDED to run it to him. As I got to the school, I could see the kids were out of class ... just my luck to have to hit the halls when they were full. But then I WAS lucky, as two steps into the school ... there was Callahan. I gave him the book and was out again without having to stop in at the office. I dropped off some donations at the DI hit the bread store. Did some cardio and got a little sun. Picked up Landon and Colton, then Callahan, then the Columbia kids. Volleyball in the evening. The boys had it too, but Gray and Landon didn't feel like going.

0907 (Wednesday) Happy Birthday Landon. SIXTEEN. He went to his first day at the new school today. I had given him a nerf gun a couple weeks ago for his main present, but I had a couple other small things (a cap gun, Reeses). Feels like a regular "routine" day which is nice. Nice, relaxed morning with everyone up early, no rushing. Got in my cardio, weights and some sun. After Colton got home from school we went to Sams and picked up some milk and a chocolate cake for Landon. First day of high school carpool pickup, dropped off a DVD and drycleaning on the way. Just have time to drop the boys off, then I'm off to get Callahan, then just a 20 minute break before I head to Columbia. Today I took Landon and dropped him at WJ for a driver's ed course (he has a few to finish up). So LOTS of time in the car in the afternoon. Gray and the boys headed to the church (Keaton's scouts is Wednesday at 7:00 now too), dodgeball night. Maga had stopped to wish Landon a happy birthday and did see him for a minute, but she and I chatted most of the evening.

0906 (Tuesday) So glad the storm forecast for today didn't happen. I had enough going on without having to worry about Cooper. I went ahead and had Landon go to school (he walked), and as soon as the Columbia kids were off, I headed out to Herriman. I made sure Landon got approved for a permit, got the paperwork, then went to West Jordan to withdraw him. He had to go around and get signatures from all the teachers and turn his books back in. Then we needed to wait until Colton got home (I tried unsuccessfully to find someone to watch him after he got out from kindergarten). As we had the time, Landon and I stopped at Dunford for bread and donuts. Once Colton got home and had a little lunch, we went back out to Herriman. Attendance office to registrar, to main office to pay fees, to the counseling center to get a schedule. It took a while, and although I brought stuff for Colton he was pretty bored. BUT ... we got it all done. Pretty much all the same classes. It sounds like at Herriman they really let the kids have their choice as far as periods and teachers, but as we didn't really have a lot of knowledge going in (which teachers are best, which classes friends were in) we just let the counselor and computer choose (although Landon did push for gym LAST, instead of at the start of the day). So anyway, first day of school tomorrow on his birthday! Colton had a soccer game at 5:30, another win for our team.

0905 (Monday) Labor Day, so Gray and the boys were home. Gray and Callahan did flags in the morning. We didn't have any particular plans for the day. I ran some errands (Kohls, Sams, Blockbuster, gas in the car). Gray fixed Colton's bike and took the boys to Walmart, where they spent birthday money on more Nerf guns, which of course was followed by a huge Nerf war in the front yard. The storm forecast for tomorrow has gone, it was cloudy today, but I was worried about Cooper for tomorrow, as I have a lot on my plate getting Landon transferred from WJ to Herriman. I sure hope it's the right decision.

0904 (Sunday) Being Fast Sunday, I told the kids we'd do Sunday Circles after church. Gray took Colton up to see the ducks at the canal, and we all ended up joining them. The ducks came right up to us to eat bread. Cooper was stressed about church, even though the weather couldn't have been nicer! Frustrating. I waited outside his class and sure enough he had a meltdown. Gray helped out in sharing time. After church we did our belated breakfast, and I made homemade oreos in the evening.

0903 (Saturday) Taylee's baptism was first thing, at 9:30. After, we came home and cleaned our house to prep for people coming over after Cooper's ... cleaning always causes some stress, on an already down day. Cooper's baptism was at 3:00. Stephanie Cooper (a friend of mine from elementary-high school) was there as a stake primary representative. Landon and Callahan gave the talks and Keaton played a song on the bells. We had the chocolate fountain back at the house, but once again were having trouble with the chocolate melting properly, so that was an additional stressor. Glad to have it done.

0902 (Friday) Late start for Callahan, early out for the Columbia kids ... but Cooper made it through this entire week (the weather was pretty good, but still an accomplishment). Did get a call that he's been approved for some counseling, so I'll have to follow up on that. Landon texted from school that he wants to transfer to Herriman High ... so still some school drama today. I guess after looking at all the aspects I am considering it, although committing to driving there each day stresses me out some. I had the kids do some cleaning, as tomorrow is pretty booked. Gray and I went to a movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which I hadn't really been keen on, but it was quite good.

0901 (Thursday) Felt a bit off today, didn't feel like I got much done. The kids had a huge Nerf war after school. In the evening it was volleyball over at the church (for Gray and Landon too). I enjoy volleyball, after a few people left, we ended up going two on two. I didn't eat much today. Hope it reflects on the scale soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...